Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Starting at the Beginning.


I feel as though I should introduce myself to the blogosphere. You can call me Reader Girl. I read an an alarming rate of more than 100 pages an hour. I love to read and have loved reading YA fiction since I read Sarah Dessen's This Lullaby.

That was almost eight years ago and now I find myself still enthralled by the latest YA book.

I work as a teacher at the middle school level and one of my favorite pastimes is walking around the classroom and seeing what books my students are reading.

Therefore I decided it was about time I started blogging about the books I read and what I think of them as a whole. Its hard sometimes to pick through books and decide what you like but lets just say I can find a lot to say about any book, some good and some bad.

To answer the starter questions:

Yes, I love Harry Potter.

No, I do not like Twilight (interesting story idea, poorly
executed with weak female characters, and far too many
convenient plot points)

Yes, I have read and love the Hunger Games but more on
those books later.

And no, if you met me you probably wouldn't realize I'm
as nerdy as I actually am.

Signing off,

Reader Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment