Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Books of Summer: Sarah Dessen

So as I shared before I love Sarah Dessen novels! I find they are like a good wine and get better with age. It seems the first ones I read by her are my favorites but I think its only because I have read them so many times. So here they are my top two! Tomorrow I will post my next to favorites by Sarah Dessen and then we'll change it up with another favorite YA author of mine.

This Lullaby
Basically about a girl who doesn't believe in love and has a bunch of rules as to how relationships work. Then this girl meets a guy who turns her world upside down. Now you might be thinking.... haven't I read this book? Haven't I seen this movie? Here is the thing... you may have heard the story but you've never seen anything like these CHARACTERS. Remi the main character is kick butt. She is gutsy and a little bit crazy but very sarcastic and witty. As a foil for her we have Dexter. Dexter is described as "all angles", he is charismatic, and has a way of getting under Remi's skin that just MAKES YOU LAUGH.


The Truth About Forever
For starters you should know this book will make you "Sa-Woon!". Macy is a girl who has spent the better part of the last couple years trying to be perfect. It should come as no surprise though that just when she thinks she has it all figured out, the ball drops, and she walks herself into a job catering at "Wish". While catering at Wish she forms a friendship with Kristy, Monique, Bert, and... pause for it.. Wes. **Sigh** Wes is essentially a dream. Macy describes him as "The boy all the girls want to rebel with, plus the whole tortured artist bit". Wes will woo you with his sweet humility and his irresistible charm. Wes is my favorite of all the Sarah Dessen leading men.


That is all for now!

Signing off,

Reader Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment